Monday, September 6, 2010

PLN #1

               I am currently reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini chose to read this book because I knew several people who had read it and they loved it. Another reason is because it takes place in the Middle East where I was earlier this year. I really like this book so far and I think part of it is because I am easily able to create a mental picture of the country they are in. I went to Dubai and Oman earlier this year. While I was their I met this one guy, his name was Kamyar, he was from Afghanistan.Kamyar is one of the funniest, nicest people I've met. He had similar features to Hassan and a combination of personality traits of Amir, Rahim Khan, and Hassan. Like Amir, he too had to leave Afghanistan because of the violence there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment